Tuesday, December 8, 2009

at the risk of being repetitive

Here are my two favorite quotes of the semester. I am taking two quotes from Meadows because I think her piece was in part the one I was waiting for since the midterm...the clencher, if you will. Also, there are TONS of great quotes from Cradle to Cradle, but McDonough can quote them himself. So, here are my favorites from Donella.

"The most stunning think living systems and social systems can do is to change themselves utterly by creating whole new structures and behaviors."

On paradigms...."It is in this space of mastery over paradigms that people throw off addictions, live in constant joy, bring down empires, found religions, get locked up or "disappeared" or shot, and have impacts that last for millennia."

No comments:

Post a Comment